Emacs Org-Mode tables are very powerful. The formula editor can execute elisp commands which makes for a really powerful spreadsheet editor (especially when combined with org-sbe). One big limitation I've faced is multi-line content. To solve this I've created a simple function to wrap around results of some elisp block to always return the most useful data. (org-table-create-and-insert-reference "hello") -> "hello" (org-table-create-and-insert-reference "") -> "nil" (org-table-create-and-insert-reference nil) -> "nil"
I was lucky enough to get to compete in the Northsec CTF this weekend with the cold_root team. We ended up placing 4th out of 88 teams. There was a ton of awesome (and maddening) challenges and plenty of Malört consumed. The challenges showed up on a fantasy themed forum: Scammed Again The first thing I did was go to the web page to find that it was a chat dialogue with an enchanter named….
Overview I recently took part in the Adversary Quest CTF. I utimately got stopped at 5/12 challenges. Thanks to CrowdStrike for an awesome CTF and I look forward to completing it next year. Below are writeups for some of the challenges I was able to complete. I'm excluding The Proclamation from a writeup as this was my solution- this was a very cool challenge so I'm going to refer you to @Vinopaljiri's excellent writeup.
As part of the Emacs minor mode I'm working on I've created a useful function to turn json into Org tables while maintaining the linkage of nested structures. The is cleverly named json-to-org-table. Why? Json is a great format for programming and parsing structures but a less good language for human consumption. I created this tool so I could interact with APIs and have a human readable format (and one that exports nicely too!
I've just started to use Org-Mode as a way to manage my configs. Previously I've kept my configs in a git repo and just had a post-install script to put all the configs in the right place. For now, I'm testing using Org-Mode for this purpose and I think I like the results. I have a config.org file that is arranged something like this: #+TITLE: Configs - Tangle a single block with =C-u C-c C-v t= - Tangle all blocks with =C-v C-c t= #+name: secret #+begin_src emacs-lisp :var name="", fld="" (if (string-equal fld "password") (password-store-get name) (password-store-get-field name fld)) #+end_src * tmux #+begin_src bash :noweb tangle :tangle ~/.